About Cahill Gambino LLP
Prior to joining CG, Mr. Gambino was an attorney at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP in New York City for approximately 8 years, where he represented many large public and private companies. Mr. Gambino has represented acquirors and targets in mergers, joint ventures and asset and stock purchases and sales, and has advised clients with respect to other commercial affairs and business disputes.
Certain representative cases and matters in which Mr. Gambino has been the lead or major counsel include the following:
• Successfully represented Class of option holders whose options were eliminated as part of a forced option repurchase by their employer. Cahill Gambino won the verdict in Delaware Chancery Court, won the appeal in Delaware Supreme Court, and ultimately negotiated even further damages than awarded by the court such that a total recovery on behalf of the Option Holders of $24,000,000 was obtained.
• Defended investment bank in FINRA arbitration hearing against a terminated employee who was asserting breach of contract. Cahill Gambino won the decision of the FINRA Panel and our client suffered $0 in damages.
• Represented financial advisor firm in connection with SEC investigation, resulting in no prosecution or further inquiry by the SEC.
• Represented a policy holder in litigation against a major insurance company. Cahill Gambino negotiated a favorable settlement for the client.
• Represented successful private company in a "business divorce" with a key employee and stockholder, and negotiated favorable terms on behalf of the company.
• Defended media company in a threatened breach of contract dispute which resulted in $0 in damages to our client and no litigation.
• Successfully represented alternative energy company in mediation against major power company concerning breach of contract claims, and negotiated favorable settlement.
• Represented international private company in breach of contract claim in connection with prior asset purchase, recovering over $1,000,000 for our client from the seller.
• Represented alternative energy company in multiple asset purchases and other business transactions worth over $100 million in the aggregate.
• Represented activist shareholder in launching several successful tender offers for the stock of underperforming publicly traded companies.
• Represented investment bank in a private offering of $25 million in preferred stock.
• Represented media company in the negotiation of an asset sale involving thousands of purchased contracts as well as purchased equipment.
• Represented marketing firm in the purchase of several smaller marketing businesses.
• Represented numerous hedge funds and financial institutions in connection with various SEC reporting.
Mr. Gambino graduated cum laude from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he was Supervising Editor of the Cardozo Law Review.